Bank of Ann Arbor is helping to spread the word about an important way you can fight back against cancer. Enroll in the American Cancer Society’s new research study called the Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). By joining CPS-3, you can help researchers better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer, which will ultimately save lives.
Who can join the study?
The study is open to anyone who:
• Is willing to make a long-term commitment to the study, which involves completing periodic follow-up surveys at home
• Is between 30 and 65 years old
• Has never been diagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer)
How can you participate?
Enrollment is being held at locations across Ann Arbor beginning in late October. To view enrollment times and schedule your appointment, go to: www.cancer.org/annarborcps3. (Note this link is to an third party site; Bank of Ann Arbor does not control or monitor its content.)
As part of enrollment, you will be asked to:
• Read and sign an informed consent form
• Complete a comprehensive survey packet that asks for information on lifestyle, behavioral and other factors related to your health.
• Have your waist circumference measured
• Give a small blood sample (similar to a doctor’s visit – 7 teaspoons total). The blood sample will be drawn by a trained, certified phlebotomist.
Upon completion of these two steps, we will send periodic follow-up surveys to update your information and annual newsletters with study updates and results.
For more information, visit cancer.org/cps3 or call toll free at 1-888-604-5888.